Friday 4 January 2013

Well here's to 2013!

Welcome 2013 and to all!

2012 was, for many of us humans a bit of a dire year really. There were, I don't argue lot's of positive things to come out of 2012, but sometimes the negatives outweighed the positives, and it made it feel harder to gather the ompf we needed to feel in good spirits.

Christmas was soon upon us and we seemed in better harmony with each other (or were we just grateful the world really hadn't ended!). Whilst out and about, regardless of people feeling grot due to colds etc, we all seemed quite upbeat. I think a lot of us had resigned to the fact that expensive gifts and lavishing on foods that we would never in a million years get through before the use by date had been and gone, that this was a poorer Christmas.

However, so many people that I had spoken to at the time, had come up with inexpensive gifts, mainly homemade, for their loved ones. This is also what I decided to do. I used my imagination, and cooked multiple batches of winter spiced and chocolate Christmas tree cookies/biscuits, put in that variety into large card cellophane bags, sealed and then ribbon tied the bags> I had such a positive response to these gifts to which, I have to say, was a better response than in previous years when I had been able to buy presents! The other amazing thing is, that it actually felt more like christmas' used to be when I was a kid. It just goes to show, that with a little imagination, your own time and love given to making products, you can give a heartfelt and heartwarming gift.

All of a sudden 2013 has arrived! Hello 2013! I decided to bite the bullet, and register as self employed. Eeeeeek you may hear say/squeal (delete as appropriate!). Anybody who knows me, knows I am the sort of person who will procrastinate, and as a Libra, I tend to mill things over for far to long than is probably necessary. I decided that as I could use my prep work for setting all things business like towards working hours, that I would give myself a big boot up the booty, and just register. I figured that this would be the motivation for getting things sorted quicker. Well it's working at the moment :0)

First and foremost, I am a mother and a wifey-to-be / home-maker, but I actually have managed to fit in some hours this week, and organise myself a little better. My venture is only part time as of course my little one keeps me on my toes, but I have to say, I feel like I am getting a little bit of (dare I say it) 'me' back.

There are a few people that I have spoken to recently about 2013, and I have to say, there is a lot of us out there, that, for some strange reason, feel it could be a positive year for us all (13 has always been my lucky number, so who knows!). So I guess this post is trying to convey, if I can give myself the opportunity to get up and running, so can a lot of us feel at least we can try to do it. I wish everyone all the very best and a positive 2013, let's hope its a good one, and let's also not feel bad for feeling good about a new year for once!

Signing off as one very tired "promised myself I would get earlier nights, (yeah right) person". Dream Sweetly all ! (especially if I have rabbited on so much I have made you fall asleep!). Happy weekend peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment